Colonial Boiled Dinner
- 1 (3 pound) beef brisket
- 1/2 cup teriyaki sauce
- 2 cups water (reserve 1 cup)
- 3 or 4 small red potatoes, unpeeled
- 3 or 4 carrots, peeled and quartered
- 2 cups turnips, peeled and sliced
- 2 large onions, quartered
- 1 pound cabbage, cut into 6 to 8 wedges
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases at no additional cost to you. Thank you for supporting Recipe Goldmine.
- Place beef brisket and teriyaki sauce in a large plastic bag or a glass dish.
Refrigerate, turning two or three times, for 1 to 2 days.
- Place 1 cup water and cooking rack in a 4- or 6-quart Presto pressure cooker.
Remove brisket from sauce and put on rack. Discard sauce. Close pressure cooker
cover securely. Place pressure regulator on vent pipe. Cook for 40 minutes, at 15
pounds pressure, with regulator rocking slowly. Let pressure drop of its own accord.
Remove meat and keep warm.
- Add reserved 1 cup water to pressure cooker. Put vegetables on rack. Close pressure
cooker cover securely. Place pressure regulator on vent pipe. Cook for 3 minutes,
at 15 pounds pressure, with regulator rocking slowly. Cool cooker at once.
- Serve brisket thinly sliced, surrounded by vegetables.
Source: National Presto Industries
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Pressure Cooker Recipes