Corned Beef 'n' Cabbage
centernoads.html" startspan -->[_includes/recipes-centernoads.html]
- 4 cups water
- 1 (2 pound) corned beef brisket with spice packet
- 1 medium
head cabbage, cut into 8 wedges
- 2 large red potatoes, cut into 2-inch chunks
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can chicken broth
- 4 large carrots, cut into 2-inch chunks
- 1 medium onion, cut into 2-inch pieces
- In a 6-quart pressure cooker, combine water and contents of corned beef seasoning
packet; add beef. Close cover securely; place pressure regulator on vent pipe. Bring
cooker to full pressure over high heat. Reduce heat to medium-high and cook for
45 minutes. (Pressure regulator should maintain a slow steady rocking motion; adjust
heat if needed.)
- Meanwhile, in a large saucepan, combine the cabbage, potatoes and broth. Bring
to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add carrots and onion. Cover and simmer 20-25 minutes longer or until vegetables
are tender; drain.
- Remove pressure cooker from the heat; allow pressure to drop
on its own.
- Remove beef to a serving platter. Discard cooking liquid.
- Serve beef with cabbage, potatoes, carrots and onion.
Source: Quick Cooking - January/February 2004