Golden Pork Loin
- 1 teaspoon Cajun seasoning
- 1 (2 pound) boneless whole pork loin roast
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 medium acorn squash, peeled, seeded and cubed (about 4 cups)
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 medium tart apple, peeled and chopped
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 to 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Rub seasoning over roast.
- In a 6-quart pressure cooker, brown roast in oil on all sides over medium-high
heat; remove roast from the pressure cooker; drain. Add the remaining ingredients
to the pressure cooker. Return roast to the pressure cooker. Close cover securely;
place pressure regulator on vent pipe. Bring cooker to full pressure over high heat.
Reduce heat to medium-high and cook for 27 minutes. (Pressure regulator should maintain
a slow steady rocking motion; adjust heat if needed.)
- Remove from the heat; allow pressure to drop on its own. Remove roast to a serving
platter. Let stand for 5-10 minutes before slicing.
- Whisk cooked vegetable mixture until smooth. Serve with roast.
Source: Taste of Home's Quick Cooking (January/February 2004)