Amana Ox Yoke Inn Rhubarb Custard Pie
Double crust pastry for 9-inch pie
3/4 tablespoon flour
5 1/2 cups chopped rhubarb
2 1/2 cups granulated sugar
4 eggs, lightly beaten
3/4 cup half-and-half
1/8 teaspoon salt
- Make crust for a 2-crust pie.
- Put bottom crust in pie pan; sprinkle with flour.
- Mix the rhubarb, sugar, beaten eggs, half-and-half and salt.
- Pour into crust, and put on top crust. Make slits in top of pie.
- Bake at 375 degrees F for 1 1/2 hours.
Yield: 1 pie
Recipe credit: Ox Yoke Inn, Amana, Iowa