This is the only recipe I use for white bread. No eggs, no milk. Easy, quick,
- 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons hot tap water
- 1/4 cup oil (I use Crisco oil)
- 2 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon bread machine yeast
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Place ingredients in the bread maker pan in the order given.
- Put on dough cycle When done put on floured surface. Let stand 15 minutes.
- Knead 3 or 4 times shape and put into loaf pan (butter top if you like). Let
rise 40 minutes to 1 hour.
- Bake in 350 to 375 degree F oven for 30 to 35 minutes.
- Butter tops if you like.
Can make dinner rolls or if used for sweet rolls add more sugar and use melted
butter instead of oil.
From the kitchen of Millie Curry.