Amish Cinnamon Bread
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups buttermilk or 2 cups milk plus 2 tablespoons vinegar or lemon juice
- 4 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2/3 cups sugar
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- Cream together butter, 2 cups sugar and eggs.
- Add milk, flour and baking soda.
- Put half of batter (or a little less) into greased loaf pans (1/4 in each pan).
- In a separate bowl mix the 2/3 cup sugar and cinnamon.
- Sprinkle 3/4 of cinnamon mixture on top of the batter in each pan.
- Add remaining batter to pans; sprinkle
with last of cinnamon topping. Swirl with a knife.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 45-50 minutes or until a wooden pick comes out clean.
- Cool in pan for 20 minutes before removing from pan.