Amish Cinnamon Bread
No-knead Amish Cinnamon Bread is easy to make and delicious!
- 2/3 cup granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups buttermilk or 2 cups milk plus 2 tablespoons vinegar or lemon juice
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease two loaf pans.
- Cinnamon-Sugar Mixture: In a small bowl mix the 2/3 cup sugar and cinnamon; set aside.
- Batter: Cream together butter, 2 cups sugar and eggs.
- Add milk, flour and baking soda.
- Put 1/4 of batter (or a little less) into each prepared loaf pan. You will use about half the batter for this.
- Sprinkle 3/4 of Cinnamon-Sugar Mixture on top of the batter in each pan.
- Add remaining batter to pans; sprinkle with remaining Cinnamon-Sugar Mixture. Swirl with a knife.
- Bake for 45 to 50 minutes or until a wooden pick comes out clean.
- Cool in pan for 20 minutes before removing from pan.
Yield: 2 loaves