Amish Friendship Fruit Cake
- 1 (18.25 ounce) box yellow cake mix with pudding in the mix
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 4 eggs
- 1 3/4 cup Amish Friendship Fruit Starter
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- Confectioners sugar (if desired)
- Cream cheese frosting (if desired)
- Line the bottom of a springform angel food cake pan with wax paper; grease well,
- In large mixing bowl of electric mixer, combine dry cake mix and oil.
- Beat in eggs, one at a time, beating well.
- Add fruit; mix well.
- Fold in nuts.
- Pour batter into prepared pan.
- Bake in a preheated 350 degrees F oven for 40 minutes, then reduce
heat to 300 degrees F and bake 35 to 40 minutes more, or until cake tests done.
- Shake pan to loosen cake from sides and let sit for 10 minutes.
- Lift the center of the pan out and turn cake onto cake plate. Turn cake right-side
up before serving.
- Sprinkle with confectioners' sugar if desired, or top with cream
This cake tastes better when cold.
You will use from 1 1/2 to 2 cups drained fruit per cake.