Amish Ginger Cookies
Traditional cookies from Amish Country.
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup unsulfured molasses
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- Extra granulated sugar
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a mixing bowl, beat together butter and 1 cup sugar until creamy.
- Add egg and molasses; beat until combined.
- Add the remaining ingredients and mix until well combined.
- Roll dough into 1-inch balls and roll in the extra granulated sugar.
- Place balls on ungreased baking sheet.
- Bake for 5 - 7 minutes until barely turning brown.
- Allow to cool for 1 minute on baking sheet and then remove to wire racks to cool
Makes about 48.
Source: Frankenmouth Community Cookbook
Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Amish Recipes