Amish Poppyseed Bread
- 3 cups flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 1 1/2 cups vegetable oil
- 2 1/2 cups sugar
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 teaspoons almond flavor
- 1 1/2 teaspoons butter flavor
- 1 1/2 tablespoons poppy seeds
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon almond flavor
- 1/2 teaspoon butter flavor
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases at no additional cost to you. Thank you for supporting Recipe Goldmine.
- Bread: Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Sift together first 3 ingredients.
- Add remaining ingredients. Mix and divide
between 2 greased and floured bread pans.
- Bake 1 hour or until a wooden pick comes out clean.
- Glaze: Stir all ingredients together.
- Prick bread loaves with a fork after baking and pour glaze over while hot.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Amish Recipes