This post may contain affiliate links. Please see our
Amish Potato Noodle Dumplings Soup
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 3 medium potatoes, peeled and grated
- 1 celery rib, finely chopped
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup diced cured or smoked ham
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4 cups milk
- 1/8 teaspoon celery seeds
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh parsley or chives
- Bring the water, potatoes, celery, onion and ham to a simmer in a large saucepan;
cook for 20 minutes.
- In a medium bowl, mix the egg, flour and 1/4 teaspoon of the salt. Using floured
hands, pull into stringy lumps; add to the potato mixture.
- Cook for 7 minutes, stirring often.
- Stir in milk, celery seeds and remaining salt; heat through.
- Top with parsley or chives.
Serves 4 to 6.