Amish Sawdust Pie
- 1 1/4 cups brown or granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 cups chopped pecans
- 1 1/2 cups vanilla wafers or Graham cracker crumbs
- 1 1/2 cups flaked coconut
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 7 egg whites, (unbeaten)
- 1 (9 inch) unbaked pie shell
- Sliced bananas
- Cool Whip for topping
- Combine the first seven ingredients in large bowl and stir well until blended.
- Pour into pie shell and bake at 375 degrees F, watching closely to prevent over-baking. Bake for 35 minutes or until filling is set.
- Slice pie.
- Top each slice of pie with banana slices and Cool Whip.
- Serve warm at room temperature.