Amish Sawdust Pie
- 1 1/4 cups brown or granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 cups chopped pecans
- 1 1/2 cups vanilla wafers or Graham cracker crumbs
- 1 1/2 cups flaked coconut
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 7 egg whites, (unbeaten)
- 1 (9-inch) unbaked pie shell
- Sliced bananas
- Cool Whip for topping
- Combine the first seven ingredients in large bowl and stir well until blended.
- Pour into pie shell and bake at 375 degrees F, watching closely to prevent over-baking.
Bake for 35 minutes or until filling is set.
- Slice pie.
- Top each slice of pie with banana slices and Cool Whip.
- Serve warm at room temperature.
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.