- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 2 1/2 cups finely chopped apples, such as Granny Smith
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
Hot Caramel Sauce
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup evaporated milk
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Oil a 9-inch round cake pan.
- Cake: In a large bowl, cream the butter.
- Add the sugar and beat until fluffy.
- Add the egg and beat until well blended.
- Mix in the baking soda, salt, cinnamon and nutmeg.
- Add the flour and stir just until blended.
- Stir in the apples and nuts.
- Pour into prepared cake pan and bake for 30 minutes until the top springs back when touched
lightly with your finger.
- Hot Caramel Sauce: In a saucepan, melt the butter, brown sugar and salt. Bring
to a boil.
- Remove from heat and whisk in vanilla extract and milk.
- Serve warm sauce over cake.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Amish Recipes