- 1 bag tart baking apples, sliced and peeled
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases at no additional cost to you. Thank you for supporting Recipe Goldmine.
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Butter a 9 x 13-inch baking dish.
- Place apples in bottom of baking dish.
- Mix 1/4 cup sugar and 1 teaspoon cinnamon; sprinkle on top of apples.
- Dot the top of all this with pieces of butter. Set aside.
- In mixing bowl, sift together sugar, baking powder, flour and salt.
- Make a well
in center of this mixture until it is all crumbly; then pour this mixture over apples.
- Bake until crust is brown, about 50 to 60 minutes.
- Serve warm with ice cream, if desired.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Amish Recipes