- 1/2 cup butter
- 2 cups all-purpose flour, sifted
- 1 cup sour milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 bananas, creamed
- 2 eggs, beaten
- Cream butter and sugar together.
- Add well beaten eggs.
- To this mixture, add the
sour milk alternately with the sifted flour, baking powder and the baking soda.
- Add creamed bananas and vanilla extract. Beat with an egg beater.
- Grease and flour a pan, and bake cake at 350 degrees F for about 40 minutes.
- Cool before removing from pan.