These are also called "funeral cookies" by the Amish because they can
be made up quickly to take to the grieving family.
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 3 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups quick cooking oats (not instant)
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped pecans
- In a small saucepan over medium heat bring to a boil and cook butter, milk, sugar,
and cocoa for 1 minute.
- Remove from heat and stir in peanut butter, salt and vanilla extract.
- Mix in oats and pecans.
- By teaspoon drop onto wax paper and allow the cookies
to stand unrefrigerated for 1 hour.
- Store in an airtight container with wax paper between the layers.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Amish Recipes