Brown Sugar Pie
- 1 unbaked 8-inch pie shell
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- Speck of salt
- 1 (12 ounce) can evaporated milk
- 2 1/2 tablespoons butter
- Ground cinnamon
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In the pie shell, place the brown sugar, flour and salt. Mix with your fingers.
- Pour the evaporated milk over the flour and sugar, but do not stir or mix in.
- Dot with butter, and sprinkle cinnamon liberally over all.
- Bake for 50 minutes, or until
the filling just bubbles up in the middle. The filling will never completely set,
but that's the way it's supposed to be.
Yield 12 servings.
This pie is better eaten at room temperature. If you refrigerate leftovers, reheat
them in the oven before serving.
Recipe can be doubled and prepared in a 10-inch pie shell. For that size,
bake 1 hour and 20 minutes.
Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Amish Recipes