Browned Butterscotch Pie
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup brown sugar, packed
- 2/3 cup hot water
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 egg yolks
- 2 cups milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Brown the butter in a heavy saucepan.
- Add the brown sugar and stir it until it is melted.
- Add the hot water and cook the syrup until all the lumps disappear.
- Mix together the flour, cornstarch, salt, egg yolks and milk, then slowly stir this
mixture into the hot syrup. Boil it until it thickens, then add the vanilla extract.
- Pour it into a baked pie shell and top it with meringue.
Variation: If you wish to use this as a butterscotch pudding or sauce, add 1/2
cup more milk.
Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Amish Recipes