- 3 cups brown sugar
- 3 cups water
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 cups milk
- 6 egg yolks
- Boil brown sugar, water and butter together for 2 or 3 minutes for a good strong
- Slowly stir flour mixture into boiling syrup, stirring constantly
until it comes to a boil.
- Remove from heat; cool 5 minutes and stir once.
- Pour into 2 baked pie shells.
- Top with either a meringue from the egg whites or allow pie
to cool and top with whipped cream.
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.