Chicken Dressing Casserole
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can chicken broth
- 1 stick (1/2 cup) unsalted butter
- 1 cup water
- 2 tablespoons chicken base or bouillon granules
- 1 cup milk
- 3 eggs
- 1 (1 pound) loaf white bread, cubed, toasted
- 2 cups cooked, cubed chicken
- 3 ribs celery, diced
- 3 carrots, shredded
- 1 onion, diced
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley
- 1 tablespoon seasoning salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly-ground pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon celery seed
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Combine broth, butter, water and chicken base in small saucepan over medium heat
until butter is melted and base is dissolved; cool completely.
- Whisk in milk and
- Mix together bread, chicken, celery, carrots, onion, parsley, seasoning salt,
pepper, salt and celery seed in large bowl.
- Pour broth mixture over; toss until
liquid is absorbed.
- Place dressing into 13 x 9-inch baking pan.
- Bake until golden
brown, about 1 hour, 20 minutes.
Yields 10 servings.
Nutrients per serving: 300 calories; 29 carbohydrates; 14 grams fat (7 grams
saturated fat); 110 mg cholesterol; 15 grams protein; 1,450 mg sodium; 2 grams fiber
Source: The Wichita Eagle - 10/18/2000
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Amish Recipes