This post may contain affiliate links. Please see our
Chicken Noodle Soup
- 3 pounds chicken
- 2 quarts water
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 1/2 cups chicken stock
- 2 cups celery, chopped
- 2 carrots, chopped
- 1 tart apple, chopped
- 1 cup onions, chopped
- Dash of pepper
- 4 cups egg noodles
- Place chicken in kettle with water, cover and cook until tender.
- Remove chicken from kettle and strain broth.
- De-bone chicken and return to kettle with strained broth.
- Add salt, chicken stock, celery, carrots, apple, onions and pepper and cook
until vegetables are tender.
- Add noodles and cook for 8 to 10 minutes.