- 2 cups flour
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup Amish Friendship Bread Starter
- 3 teaspoons granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1/2 cup crushed nuts
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases at no additional cost to you. Thank you for supporting Recipe Goldmine.
- Rolls: Combine flour, milk and starter and let set at room temperature overnight
or 10 to 12 hours.
- Stir down.
- Combine sugar, egg, shortening, salt, baking soda and baking powder.
- Add both mixtures into a bowl all at once to stir down.
- Pour dough out on well-floured
board. Knead until no longer sticky.
- Roll out to 1/2-inch thickness in a rectangle
- Brush dough with soft butter.
- Topping: Mix well.
- Sprinkle cinnamon-sugar mixture over dough.
- Beginning at wide
side, roll up, and seal seam. Cut 1-inch slices. Place on well-greased cookie sheet.
- Let rise for 30 minutes.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 30 to 35 minutes.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Amish Recipes