These are delicious Corn Fritters in their most basic form. If desired, you may use well-drained canned whole kernel corn. Serve drizzled with honey if you like.
- 4 large ears corn
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 eggs, separated
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Cut the kernels from 4 ears of corn and place them in a medium bowl. Using the back of a knife, scrape the cobs over the bowl to extract the juices and pulp. The mixture will resemble scrambled eggs.
- Beat the egg yolks in a large bowl until light.
- Beat in the the flour, sugar and salt and pepper.
- Stir in the corn.
- Beat egg whites until stiff. Fold them into corn mixture.
- Heat a heavy skillet over medium heat and grease lightly.
- Drop the batter by small spoonsful onto hot skillet and cook until golden brown.
Photo credit: su-lin
on Visual Hunt /