Date Nut Cake
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 4 eggs, separated
- 2/3 cup granulated sugar, divided
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 (8 ounce) packages chopped dates
- 1 pound chopped walnuts
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases at no additional cost to you. Thank you for supporting Recipe Goldmine.
- Adjust oven to lowest rack. Grease 9 x 5-inch loaf pan.
- In bowl, combine flour, baking powder, salt and cinnamon.
- In medium bowl beat egg whites until frothy.
- Beat in 1/3 cup sugar until light;
then add dry ingredients and mix well.
- Beat in vanilla extract.
- Mix in dates and nuts.
- Fold in egg whites.
- Bake 1 hour at 375 degrees F; reduce temperature to 300
degrees F and bake 40 minutes more.
- Cool in pan 15 minutes.
- Turn out on rack; cool completely.
- Wrap tightly; can be stored 1 to 3 weeks.
- Before serving, sprinkle with confectioners' sugar.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Amish Recipes