Date Pinwheel Cookies
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- 1/2 cup margarine
- 2 cups brown sugar, firmly packed
- 2 eggs, well beaten
- 4 cups flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 pound dates, chopped up
- 1/2 cup nuts
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- Dough: Cream together margarine, brown sugar and eggs.
- Sift together flour, salt, baking soda and cream of tartar.
- Add to creamed mixture and blend well.
- Add vanilla extract.
- Roll out like a jellyroll.
- Spread filling on top.
- Filling: Cook until thickened.
- Spread over rolled out batter.
- Roll as for a jellyroll.
- Keep in cool place overnight or until firm.
- Slice and bake at 400 degrees F for 15 minutes.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Amish Recipes