- 1 package dry yeast (dissolved in 1/2 cup warm water)
- 1 cup warmed cottage cheese
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon dry onion flakes
- 1 tablespoon melted butter
- 2 teaspoons dill seed
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 unbeaten egg
- 2 1/4 to 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases at no additional cost to you. Thank you for supporting Recipe Goldmine.
- Mix all ingredients, except flour, in a large bowl.
- Gradually stir in flour to make a soft dough.
- Put in a warm draft free place and cover with a damp cloth.
- Let rise until double in bulk (about 1 hour).
- Knead on a well floured board.
- Divide in half and place in greased pans.
- Cover with damp cloth and let rise until double in bulk.
- Bake 40 to 50 minutes at 350 degrees F.
- Brush with butter and sprinkle with salt while still hot.
- Makes 2 medium size or 3 mini loaves.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Amish Recipes