As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 cups lard
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 6 cups flour
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- Cream sugar and lard.
- Add eggs, nutmeg, vanilla extract and baking powder.
- Mix baking soda with milk and add alternately flour and drop with soup spoon
onto an ungreased cookie sheet.
- Sprinkle with sugar and cinnamon or sugar, if desired.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 10 to 12 minutes or until light brown.
Makes 5 dozen
Only 122 calories per cookie.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Amish Recipes