Fried Tomato Gravy
For a hungry crowd (this allows the cook time to get the potatoes mashed)!
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- 3 ripened tomatoes
- 1/4-1/3 cup flour
- 4 tablespoons butter or margarine, melted
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 1/2 cups milk
- Slice tomatoes.
- Dip into flour.
- Fry in butter and margarine.
- When thickened, stir in brown sugar and gradually add milk.
- Cook over low heat until thickened, stirring constantly.
- Keep warm until ready to eat.
Source: Best of Amish cookbook
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Amish Recipes