Friendship Cinnamon Bread
- 1 cup Amish Friendship Bread Starter
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup applesauce
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 (5 ounce) package instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1/2 cup dates, pitted and chopped
- Heat oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C). Lightly grease two 9 x 5-inch loaf
- In a large bowl, stir together Amish Friendship Starter, oil, applesauce, sugar,
vanilla extract, eggs and milk.
- Combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and cinnamon. Stir into the
- Mix in the vanilla pudding mix.
- Fold in the chopped nuts, raisins and dates.
- Pour the batter evenly into the prepared pans.
- Bake for 60 minutes in
the preheated oven, until a knife inserted comes out clean.
- Cool for 10 minutes in pans before removing to a wire rack to cool completely.