- 2 cups ground beef (uncooked)
- 2 cups sliced raw potatoes
- 2 cups chopped celery
- 1/2 cup diced onions
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup diced green bell pepper
- 2 cups canned tomatoes
- 1 onion, thinly sliced (optional)
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Grease a casserole dish Sprinkle each layer with salt and pepper before adding
the next layer.
- Place potatoes in the bottom of the casserole dish.
- Add layer of celery.
- Add layer of ground beef.
- Add the layer of onions.
- Add the green pepper.
- Pour the tomatoes over the mixture.
- Lay onion slices on top, if desired.
- Bake for 2 hours, covering with aluminum foil after about one hour.