Mandarin Orange Cake
- 2 eggs
- 2 (11 ounce) cans mandarin oranges, well drained
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine
- Beat eggs; add oranges and dry ingredients. Beat 4 minutes with electric mixer on slow speed until oranges flake through the batter. Pour into greased 13 x 9-inch cake pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 35 to 40 minutes. Cake will get quite dark.
- Before removing from oven, press top with fingertip to see if it bounces back. If it doesn't, bake a bit longer, taking care it doesn't burn.
- Remove cake from oven. Pour topping over.
- Return cake to oven and bake 5 minutes longer.
- Combine Topping ingredients and bring to a rolling boil.