As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- 1 1/2 cups raisins
- 1 cup peanuts
- 6 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon each nutmeg, cinnamon and salt
- 1 1/2 cups lard
- 3 cups granulated sugar
- 2 1/2 cups oatmeal
- 2 tablespoons baking soda
- 1 cup sour milk
- 1/2 cup dark molasses
- 3 eggs, beaten
- Grind raisins and peanuts.
- Sift together flour, baking powder, nutmeg, cinnamon and salt.
- Cut in lard, add
sugar, oatmeal, raisins and peanuts and mix well again.
- Dissolve soda in sour milk
and add molasses and beaten eggs.
- Chill for one hour.
- Using your hands, roll the dough into balls the size of a walnut and press slightly
- Beat two eggs and paint the top of the cookie with egg.
- Bake at 375 degrees
F until golden brown.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Amish Recipes