Pickled Pigs' Feet (Souse)
- 4 pigs' feet
- 1 cup chopped pickles
- 2 cups vinegar
- 2 cups stock
- 2 tablespoons salt
- 1 tablespoon whole cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon broken cinnamon stick
- Scrape and clean feet well and put on to boil in enough salt water to cover.
Simmer for approximately 4 hours or until meat separates from bones.
- Mix stock in which meat was cooked with vinegar, salt, pepper and spices. Bring
to the boiling point, and hold for 30 minutes.
- Strain liquid to remove spices.
- Place pieces of meat and chopped pickle in a flat dish or stone jar and pour
the sour liquid over it.
- Chill in refrigerator until perfectly cold.
- Slice and serve.