As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- 1 cup shortening, rounded
- 1 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Heat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Mix shortening, sugar and eggs thoroughly. Mix dry ingredients and add to sugar
- Form into balls and roll into mixture of 2 tablespoons sugar and 2 teaspoons
cinnamon or add chocolate chips.
- Press balls with hand. Bake on an ungreased cookie
sheet for 8 to 10 minutes. Cookies will puff, then settle down and look crinkly.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Amish Recipes