- 1 2/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/3 cup shortening
- 1 1/3 cups granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup mashed pumpkin (canned or fresh)
- 1/3 cup water
- 1/2 cup chopped peanuts or pecans
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases at no additional cost to you. Thank you for supporting Recipe Goldmine.
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease regular size loaf pan.
- Sift together first 6 ingredients.
- Cream shortening, sugar and vanilla extract before adding the eggs, one at a
- Stir in pumpkin.
- Add dry ingredients alternately with water, beating just
until mixture is smooth - don't over-beat.
- Fold in nuts.
- Turn into pan.
- Bake for 45 - 55 minutes or until tests done.
- Turn out onto wire rack and let cool.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Amish Recipes