- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- Pinch of baking soda
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon ginger
- 1/8 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 egg well-beaten
- 1 1/4 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons melted shortening
- 1/2 cup canned pumpkin or mashed sweet potato, cooked
- Combine flour, baking soda, sugar and spices.
- Combine egg, shortening, pumpkin and milk; add to flour mixture, beating until
- Bake on hot, lightly greased griddle, turning only once.
- Serve hot with butter and syrup or confectioners' sugar.