- 1 (1/4 ounce) package dry yeast
- 3/4 cup warm (110 to 115 degrees F) water
- 1/2 cup potato flakes
- 3 tablespoons packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon caraway seed
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 (14 ounce) can sauerkraut, drained and chopped
- 3 1/2 to 4 cups all-purpose flour
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases at no additional cost to you. Thank you for supporting Recipe Goldmine.
- In large bowl, sprinkle yeast over water. Stir until dissolved.
- Blend in potato
flakes, brown sugar, salt, caraway seed, oil and sauerkraut.
- Gradually add flour
to make a stiff dough.
- Knead on floured surface for 4 minutes. Cover and let rise
in warm spot until doubled in size, about 45 minutes to 1 hour.
- Punch down and shape into loaf. Place in oiled 9 x 5-inch baking pan. Cover and
let rise in warm place until doubled in size, about 45 minutes to 1 hour.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for about 1 hour, or until golden.
Source: Elizabeth Coblentz
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Amish Recipes