Sugar Cream Pie
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2 1/2 cups half-and-half
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 (9-inch) lightly baked pie crust
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3 cups flour
- 1 1/3 cups Crisco
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup ice water
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vinegar
- Filling: Heat oven to 325 degrees F.
- In medium saucepan, combine granulated sugar, salt and half-and-half. Bring to
boil, stirring occasionally.
- Meanwhile, in another saucepan, combine brown sugar and cornstarch. Gradually
whisk in half-and-half mixture. Add butter. Cook mixture over medium heat, whisking
constantly, for 5 minutes, or until boiling and thickened. Simmer 1 minute. Stir
in vanilla extract.
- Pour mixture into prepared pie crust; sprinkle with cinnamon. Bake 20 minutes
or until top of pie is golden.
- Place on wire rack. Pie filling will be very loose, but will thicken on cooling.
Cool completely before slicing. Makes 10 servings.
- Pie Crust: Use your fingers to crumble flour and shortening before adding other
ingredients. Roll out crust on top of wax paper so it can be easily lifted and laid
into ungreased pie plate.
If making ahead, freeze and then thaw before baking.
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.