As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon granulated sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 (28 ounce) can tomatoes, drained
- 1 tablespoon finely minced onion
- 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 eggs
- Vegetable oil for frying
- In large bowl combine flour, baking powder, sugar, salt and basil.
- Cut tomatoes
in 1/2-inch pieces and drain. Add them, along with onion, parsley and Worcestershire
sauce to flour mixture, but do not mix.
- In small bowl beat eggs and add to flour-tomato mixture. Blend lightly with fork.
- Heat 1/4 inch of oil in skillet over medium heat.
- Drop batter by tablespoon, patting
down with back of spoon. Fry until golden brown on one side, then turn and fry other
- Keep fritters warm until serving time.
Yield: 26 fritters or 4 to 6 servings
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Amish Recipes