Turnip Casserole (Riewe Schales)
- 1 1/2 cups grated turnip
- 1 1/2 cups grated potato
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1/2 cup low fat yogurt
- 1/2 cup whole grain bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup sunflower, olive or safflower oil
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Heat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Thoroughly mix all the ingredients, except the bread crumbs, in a large bowl.
Pour the mixture into a lightly greased shallow casserole. Scatter the bread crumbs
over the top.
- Bake for 40 minutes.
- Serve immediately.
Yields 5 servings.
Variation: Fry the bread crumbs in a small
amount of oil, before scattering them over the top of the dish.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Amish Recipes