White Dropped Amish Church Sugar Cookies
- 1 1/2 cups margarine
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 3 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon grated nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup sour cream
- Sugar and raisins (for garnish)
- Heat oven to 375 degrees F.
- In a large mixer bowl, cream together the margarine and sugar for 3 minutes.
Add the eggs and extracts and beat until well combined.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda,
nutmeg and salt. Add to creamed mixture and combine until mixture is moistened.
- Stir in sour cream by hand and blend well.
- Using a tablespoon, drop the dough onto a parchment-lined or nonstick baking sheet.
- Top each with sugar and one to three raisins.
- Bake for 10 to 12 minutes or until the bottoms are lightly browned.
- Remove the cookies to a rack to cool.
- Store in airtight containers or freeze.
Yield: 6 dozen cookies