This is a Russian Mennonite recipe.
- 1 yeast cake
- 1 egg
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 3 tablespoons
- 1 pound smoked sausage
- Flour (enough to make a stiff dough
- 3 1/2 to 4 cups)
- Scald milk and then cool to lukewarm.
- Add dissolved yeast and sugar.
- Add beaten egg, salt and enough flour to make a soft dough that can barely be
stirred with a spoon.
- Let dough rise.
- Pour into a greased 14 x 10 x 2-inch pan. Press 3-inch lengths of sausage into
dough at 3-inch intervals. Let rise again. The dough will almost cover sausages.
- Bake at 375 to 400 degrees F for approximately 45 minutes.
- Serve hot.
Serves 6 to 8.
Please shop Amazon here. We are an Amazon affiliate to help defray expenses in maintaining this site. Thank you.