Canadian Mennonite Plum Custard Kuchen
A tea-biscuit base with neat rows of plums surrounded by custard - this is a
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- 1 1/3 cups flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup margarine or shortening
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 cup milk
- Plums, pitted and halved
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 beaten egg
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup buttermilk or yogurt
- 1/3 cup sugar
- Sift together flour, baking powder, salt, and sugar. Cut in margarine.
- Beat egg and milk and stir into mixture.
- Pat the dough over the bottom of a 9-inch cake pan. Arrange nicely in rows enough
pitted plums to completely cover the dough. Sprinkle topping over the plums.
- Bake at 400 degrees F for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile mix custard ingredients.
- Take the kuchen out of the oven, drizzle the custard mixture over the plums,
and return it to the oven.
- Reduce heat to 350 degrees F and bake for another 30 minutes.
- Serve warm.
Posted by Olga at Recipe Goldmine 8/30/02 5:51:13 pm.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Mennonite Recipes