Mennonite German Summer Salad
This is a very good meal in itself, but it's even better when served with thin
slices of lightly buttered black bread
- 2 cups raw spinach, finely chopped
- 1 thinly sliced peeled cucumber
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 1/2 cup sliced radishes
- 2 cups cottage cheese
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 teaspoons fresh or bottled lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- Paprika, to taste
- 1/2 cup minced fresh parsley
- Wash the spinach the day before, then wrap it in a cloth and refrigerate it overnight.
- Chop the spinach, add the cucumber, onions and radishes, then toss lightly.
- Arrange in a wooden salad bowl and place a mound of cottage cheese in the middle.
- Blend the sour cream with the lemon juice, salt and pepper and pour over the
- Sprinkle the paprika in the middle and the parsley all around.
- Toss when ready to serve.
Source: The Canadiana Cookbook/Mme Jehane Benoit/1970
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.