Mennonite Maple Walnut Cake
No milk in this quick flavorful cake, just yummy maple syrup.
- 1/3 cup soft butter or regular margarine
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup maple syrup
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose white flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- Pinch salt
- 1 cup walnuts, chopped not too fine
- Beat together butter, eggs, and syrup. This will look curdled don't worry.
- Sift together flour, baking powder, and salt, and stir in gradually. Beat with
whisk until smooth fold in walnuts.
- Pour into a greased square pan and bake at 350 degrees F for about 25 to 30 minutes
or until done.
- Let cool before icing with a maple butter icing.
- Maple Butter Icing: Melt 2 tablespoons butter, blend in a cupful of sifted icing
sugar and moisten to a spreading consistency with maple syrup.
Posted by Olga at Recipe Goldmine 8/30/02 4:06:07 pm
>> MENNONITE RECIPES
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.