Mennonite Red Cabbage and Apple Salad
(Rotkohl und Apfelsalat)
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- 4 cups shredded red cabbage
- 1 cup apples, quartered and sliced thin
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons vinegar
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 teaspoon mustard
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- Melt the butter in a saucepan.
- Add the cabbage and apple and stir until the butter
coats the mixture and there are signs of softening, but the mixture is not really
- Add the vinegar, sugar, seasonings and mustard; simmer another 2 minutes, then
stir in the sour cream.
- Serve hot.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Mennonite Recipes