Hancock Gourmet’s Maine Lobster Dip
This is a Maine lobster dip or spread that can be served either cold or warm.
- 16 ounces cream cheese
- 2 cups cooked Maine lobster meat
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped onion.
- 1 tablespoon horseradish
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon hot pepper sauce (add more to taste)
- 1/4 cup chopped blanched almonds
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds (with skin)
- Using a food processor, lightly chop the blanched almonds.
- Using the same processor, lightly chop onion.
- Place onions in a large bowl and add the horseradish, Worcestershire sauce and
hot pepper sauce and mix together.
- Add cream cheese and continue mixing together.
- Cut/chop Maine lobster meat into small pieces (approximately 1/4-1/2-inch diameter).
- Fold in Maine lobster meat and chopped almonds with the cream cheese mixture.
Top with the sliced almonds.
- The dip may be served cold as is or may be served warm.
- To serve warm, place
dip in an ovenproof dish and put in a 375 degree oven for 20-25 minutes until it
starts to bubble.
- Remove from oven let it sit for 5-7 minutes.
It’s best served warm, not hot with crackers or crusty bread.
This dip is also excellent for a bagel spread or bruschetta.
By: Hancock Gourmet Lobster Co., Topsham, Maine
Recipe and photo credit (used with permission):
Maine Lobster Marketing
Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> New England Recipes