Pennsylvania Dutch Banana Bread
- 1 1/2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 1/2 cups unbleached regular flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 cup soft margarine
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup oil
- 2 cups mashed ripe bananas
- 1 cup chopped nuts (optional)
- Dash of cinnamon (optional)
- Dash of nutmeg (optional)
- Cream sugar and margarine; add eggs and mix well.
- Stir in baking soda, baking powder and salt.
- Add oil and stir again.
- Add bananas and mix.
- Add flour, 1 cup at a time, and stir well after each addition.
- Grease and flour 4 to 5 bread tins.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 1 hour. Test for doneness with wooden pick until it comes out clean.
- When cool, wrap in plastic.
Loaves may be frozen.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Pennsylvania Dutch Recipes