Pennsylvania Dutch Banana Bread
- 1 1/2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 1/2 cups unbleached regular flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 cup soft margarine
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup oil
- 2 cups mashed ripe bananas
- 1 cup chopped nuts (optional)
- Dash of cinnamon (optional)
- Dash of nutmeg (optional)
- Cream sugar and margarine; add eggs and mix well.
- Stir in baking soda, baking powder and salt.
- Add oil and stir again.
- Add bananas and mix.
- Add flour, 1 cup at a time, and stir well after each addition.
- Grease and flour 4 to 5 bread tins.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 1 hour. Test for doneness with wooden pick until it comes out clean.
- When cool, wrap in plastic.
Loaves may be frozen.
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.