Pennsylvania Dutch Cabbage Rolls
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- 12 large green cabbage leaves
- 1 1/2 pounds ground beef
- 1 cup cooked rice
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 (8 ounce) cans tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice or vinegar
- Pour boiling water over cabbage leaves and soak until limp, about 4 minutes.
- Combine beef, rice, onion, salt, and egg and mix well. Divide mixture into 12
equal portions and place one portion on each leaf. Roll up, tuck ends in and fasten
with wooden picks.
- Heat oil in heavy skillet or Dutch oven and brown the cabbage rolls for 10 minutes.
- Combine tomato sauce, water, brown sugar and lemon juice and add to skillet.
Simmer cabbage rolls for 1 hour, covered.
- Serve hot.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Pennsylvania Dutch Recipes