Pennsylvania Dutch Cherry Pie
- 1 pastry circle from 15 ounce refrigerated pie crust
- 2 (21 ounce) cans cherry pie filling
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon grated orange peel
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/3 cup butter or margarine
- 1/4 cup unblanched almonds
- Heat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Fit pie crust into a 9-inch pie plate. Lightly dampen underside of crust and
turn edge under pressing firmly to rim of pie plate.
- In a large bowl, combine pie filling and orange peel. Spoon into pie crust. Set
- In a small bowl combine flour, sugar and cinnamon. Using pastry cutter or blender,
cut in butter until it resembles coarse crumbs. Sprinkle mixture over cherry pie
filling, covering completely and evenly.
- Bake for 20 minutes until filling is hot and top is golden brown.
- Sprinkle with almonds.