Pennsylvania Dutch Chicken Pot Pie
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- 1 (3 pound or more) chicken
- 3 quarts water
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 egg
- 3 tablespoons broth
- 2 large raw potatoes, diced
- 1/4 cup grated onion
- Boil chicken in water until tender and comes off the bone easily. Put chicken
and broth in a large kettle (or Dutch Oven), add salt and more water, enough to
make a full three quarts again.
- Mix egg and broth. Add flour and mix until stiff enough to roll out. Put on floured
board and roll thin. Let set for 20 minutes to dry.
- Cut into 1 1/2-inch squares. Add to broth and chicken which is boiling hot. Cook
- Add potatoes and the onion. Cook over slow heat until all are tender.
- Serve hot with biscuits and a tossed salad.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Pennsylvania Dutch Recipes